The Impact of eDMS on Business
It takes a lot to run a business successfully. Business owners need to remain focused on their goals, while making sure that all the moving parts of the business are working in sync together. Often, the thought of document management is not a priority in a business until an issue arises. Document management can help your business run smoothly from the very beginning. The good news is that it is never too late to implement document management within your company.
What is document management?
Document management is the capturing, storing and retrieving of documents.
You can utilise a document management system to organise all your documents into electronic documents. Document management is crucial for each and every business, whether large or small, and having a smart way to manage your documents is key.
Five tips for effective document management:
- Create one main document repository. Then, link to it from the different department sites.
- Utilise a file naming convention that makes sense to your business. Keep in mind that the file names should include details that can easily identify the contents of the file.
- Organise your files by format.
- Carefully look through your documents, so that you can see if there are any issues that need to be addressed before storing them.
- Delete files frequently. Delete any outdated documents that take up unnecessary space. Give yourself a time frame to delete files frequently to prevent documents from accumulating.
Four key advantages of electronic document management:
- After digitising your data, it is easy to create backup copies that can be stored off-site.
- By moving your data to the cloud, you are able to set permissions for every document or folder. You can track who has retrieved which documents, as well as when he/she did so.
- Employees from both the office or remote locations are able to access the documents that they need instantly and easily. As the documents are now electronic, they are able to be viewed simultaneously by people in different locations.
- Employees can quickly and effectively search for the required information from their computers, saving time.
Why should you utilise an electronic document management system?
When you utilise an electronic document management system, collaborations can be done easily. When teams work together, it is beneficial to know that you are working on the most recently updated version of documents at the same time.
With an electronic document management system all files are able to be formatted consistently. All documents can be accessed, edited and transferred easily.
PaperTrail is an effective electronic document management system that easily supports and organises critical business processes
Save time with quick and easy access to all of your data
Search, retrieve, and send documents without ever touching a piece of paper.
Save time with quick and easy access to all of your data.
Get It Done With Us
“Improve your workflows route your documents to the right people at the right time”
Route your documents to the right people at the right time.
Be up and running with out of the box technology
Get all the set up, training, maintenance, and ongoing support your employees need to get their jobs done.
Be up and running with out of the box technology. Get all the set up, training, maintenance, and ongoing support your employees need to get their jobs done.
Losing data because of poor filing?
You need a system that keeps every document in its place.
PaperTrail is a powerful electronic document management system that
supports and organises your critical business processes.
Any Document Type
Storage and Manage
Powerful Enterprise Content Management
Spend less time managing paper and more time managing processes.
Go paperless. Make the switch today.
138 Athol Street,
Tel: 011 880 4411
Cape Town Office
10 Park Lane, Grosvenor Square,
Century City, Cape Town
Tel: 021 913 1221
59 Aberdare drive, Industrial Park, Phoenix, Durban, 4051
Tel: 031 508 1520
Empower Suites, 8th Floor, Block A, The Octagon, Barnes Road, Central Accra, Ghana
Tel: +233 261 878 023
New Zealand Office
23 Piwakawaka Court, Rototuna, Hamilton, New Zealand 3210
Tel: +64 (0)21 646 767 OR
+64 (0) 2239 27507