PaperTrail within the Travel Industry
PaperTrail Software has assisted the Travel Industry over the last 20 years with standardizing business processes and procedures and trying to create a paperless environment where all the documents have an audit history.
The biggest benefit of PaperTrail is for Travel clients who have corporate customers, where large volumes of paperwork can be reconciled at the end of each month. The finance department has to recon the client’s trip via an order to the voucher to the supplier invoices to the customer invoice and resolve any queries if there are any on a booking. Corporate clients will hold back payment if there are any discrepancies and this could create a cash flow issue.
PaperTrail assists the back office when paying creditors as the creditors will be able to see why certain invoices have come in but have not yet been paid on the system.
PaperTrail gives Travel owners a snapshot, at any given time, of where their business is sitting i.e. how much is still to be processed and how much was processed.
Efficiency of PaperTrail
- The Ticketing department can be 99% paperless, where PaperTrail will keep all copies of tickets up to 5 years for Amadeus and Galileo
– You can track your refunds and ADM/ ACM’s
- PaperTrail is interfaced with the following Back office database
- Corporate Clients have their supplier invoices billed back from their client’s trip. PaperTrail receives all invoices via email and either the travel client or Egis software indexes the supplier’s data.
- When a billback invoice is linked to a voucher and order (if needed) it is sent off for invoicing. If the invoice has a query on it, the user will activate a query from a query list i.e. missing order, missing breakfast slip. The query will automatically go to the consultant or the hotel to be resolved.
- The reporting tools are very informative, the managers will receive a daily report for
– Query reports – non invoiced due to queries
– Productivity reports advise how many invoices were invoiced the day before per user and how many invoices still to be invoiced.
- With the Quicktrav software we can automate up to 60% of invoicing.
- Prepayment invoices are put into a queue for fast track invoicing.
- All the Travel Clients can view their customer invoice and supporting documentation from the secure Portal.
Travel clients can raise a query from the portal, on an invoice advising they will not pay as they are missing information etc. This query will go back to the person who processed the invoice or the debtor (depending on the company’s business rules).
Written by: Chereen Dethian
Save time with quick and easy access to all of your data
Search, retrieve, and send documents without ever touching a piece of paper.
Save time with quick and easy access to all of your data.
Get It Done With Us
“Improve your workflows route your documents to the right people at the right time”
Route your documents to the right people at the right time.
Be up and running with out of the box technology
Get all the set up, training, maintenance, and ongoing support your employees need to get their jobs done.
Be up and running with out of the box technology. Get all the set up, training, maintenance, and ongoing support your employees need to get their jobs done.
Losing data because of poor filing?
You need a system that keeps every document in its place.
PaperTrail is a powerful electronic document management system that
supports and organises your critical business processes.
Any Document Type
Storage and Manage
Powerful Enterprise Content Management
Spend less time managing paper and more time managing processes.
Go paperless. Make the switch today.
138 Athol Street,
Tel: 011 880 4411
Cape Town Office
10 Park Lane, Grosvenor Square,
Century City, Cape Town
Tel: 021 913 1221
59 Aberdare drive, Industrial Park, Phoenix, Durban, 4051
Tel: 031 508 1520
Empower Suites, 8th Floor, Block A, The Octagon, Barnes Road, Central Accra, Ghana
Tel: +233 261 878 023
New Zealand Office
23 Piwakawaka Court, Rototuna, Hamilton, New Zealand 3210
Tel: +64 (0)21 646 767 OR
+64 (0) 2239 27507